Children & Young Persons Advocacy

Someone on your side

How can The Advocacy People help?

You have as much right as an adult to be listened to when decisions are being made about your life. What you feel and want is very important.

You can usually have an advocate to help you speak up about what you feel and want if you:

  • Are a Child in Care

  • Are leaving Care

  • Have a disability or other need

  • Are a young carer

  • Want to make a complaint about your social care

You might be able to have an advocate in other situations – this will depend where you live. If you want to find out more, get in touch, our details are at the bottom of this page.

What does an advocate do?

An advocate:

  • Listens to you

  • Explains information

  • Finds out your wishes and feeling

  • Helps you tell others what you want or tells them for you, if you want the advocate to do this

  • Gets answers to your questions

  • Won’t tell you what to do

  • Is independent which means they won’t make any decisions about or for you

How can I get help from an advocate?

Most of the time, an adult will ask you if you want an advocate and get in touch with us.

But if you want to get in touch yourself, you can by using the details below.

To find out if we provide this service in your area, have a look at our map here.

"You have as much right as an adult to be listened to"

Don't forget...

You can print this page by using your browser's print options.

Refer to us

For more information you can:

Call us on 0330 440 9000

Email us at

To make a referral:

Please complete and return the form found here:

The form can be returned by email to or posted to the address below.

PO Box 375, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 9HU

0330 440 9000

Text 80800, starting message with PEOPLE

©2020 by The Advocacy People

Charity No. 1080679

Company No. 3963421